(Recipe from CookSmarts)
Creamy, savory and with chewy bites of wild rice, there is a satisfying balance of texture and flavor in this slow-cooker version of chicken and wild rice soup. Wild rice lends itself perfectly to the slow-cooker. The firm grains take a long time to cook, but will be chewy and tender after a few hours.
1. Onions / Carrots / Celery / Bell peppers / Garlic – Prep as directed. Combine onions, carrots and celery in one container. Store bell peppers and garlic in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
洋蔥/胡蘿蔔/芹菜/甜椒/大蒜 – 切好。洋蔥，胡蘿蔔和芹菜裝在一起，甜椒和大蒜裝在另一個容器。
2. Saute mirepoix – Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery (mirepoix) with a pinch of salt. Saute until vegetables soften, 4 to 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
炒蔬菜 – 中大火在鍋中將奶油融化，加入洋蔥，胡蘿蔔和芹菜，鹽巴調味，炒至蔬菜軟化，4-5分鐘。
3. Slow-cook soup – Combine onions, carrots, celery, bell peppers, garlic, chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, stock and wild rice in the bowl of a slow-cooker. Stir to make sure that rice is submerged in liquid. Cook on low 7 to 8 hours (3 to 4 hours on high).
慢鍋燉湯 – 將洋蔥，胡蘿蔔，芹菜，甜椒，大蒜，雞腿肉，意大利調味料，鹽，高湯和野米加入慢鍋，攪拌均勻以確保野米浸沒在高湯中，低溫煮7-8小時 (或高溫煮3-4小時)。
1. About 20 minutes before serving, transfer chicken to a cutting board and roughly chop. Return chicken to the slow-cooker.
2. Add milk to soup. Turn slow-cooker on high and continue to cook soup for 20 minutes.
3. Season soup with additional salt, if needed. Ladle into bowls and serve with bread on the side. Enjoy!