(Recipe from CookSmarts)
This wintery soup and salad combo plays with savory and sweet flavors.
A quick saute of shaved brussels sprouts brings out their natural sweetness and bright color while still retaining some crunch.
1. Brussels sprouts / Parmesan Cheese – Slice off and discard stems of brussels sprouts. Thinly sliced by hand or use a food processor to shred. Chop cheese into large chunks and pulse in the food processor until grated.
球芽甘藍 / 帕瑪森起司 – 球芽甘藍去尾切絲，也可以用食物處理機切絲。（週日事先準備好），起司如果是買整塊的磨成粉狀，或是切塊後用食物處理機打成粉狀（我直接買超市已經分裝好的起司粉）。
2. Leeks – Sliced and rinsed.
韭蔥 – 切塊並清洗乾淨。（週日事先準備好）
3. Potatoes – Peel and chop potatoes.
馬鈴薯 – 去皮切塊。
1. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then pancetta to heated oil. Saute pancetta until crisp and fat has rendered, 2 to 4 minutes.
2. Use a slotted spoon to transfer pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate. If there is excess grease in pan, drain off all but ~1 Tbsp, or if the pan is dry, add a splash of cooking oil. Add leeks with a pinch of salt and saute until leeks soften and start to turn golden brown in spots, 2 to 4 minutes. Add butter and stir until butter melts. Sprinkle flour over top and stir until no dry spots of flour remain.
3. Add stock while whisking to incorporate with flour. Add potatoes and vinegar and bring to a boil. Place a lid on the pan and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer until potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
4. While soup simmers, in a large serving bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard and maple syrup. Set aside.
5. Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then brussels sprouts to heated oil. Saute until brussels sprouts turn bright green but still have some crunch, 1 to 3 minutes.
6. Add brussels sprouts to serving bowl with prepared dressing. Add cheese, blackberries and almonds and toss to combine.
7. When potatoes are cooked, blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Taste and season with some salt.
8. Serve soup with a spoonful of yogurt and pancetta on top. Enjoy with warm brussels sprouts salad on the side.