(Recipe from CookSmarts)
Give these speedy toasted flatbreads layers of flavor with hummus,
sauteed spinach and roasted red pepper salsa leftover from Monday.
Crack an egg right in the middle before baking these
so you get creamy, savory egg in every bite.
1. Make salsa – Place onions in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse onions until broken down into small pieces. Drain and rinse red peppers and add to onions with vinegar and capers. Pulse 8 to 10 more times, until ingredients are chopped but small pieces still remain.
做烤紅椒莎莎醬 – 紅洋蔥放入食物處理機中切小塊，加入烤紅椒，紅酒醋和西班牙小酸豆打勻成莎莎醬，如果沒有食物處理機也可以用手切。（週日事先準備好的。）
1. Heat oven to 450F / 232C. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray it lightly with nonstick cooking spray or brush with some cooking oil. Arrange pita bread in a single layer on foil.
2. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then spinach with some salt. Saute spinach until defrosted. Pour off excess water and return pan to heat. Continue cooking until spinach is dry and tender, 2 to 3 minutes more.
3. While spinach cooks, transfer sheet pan to oven and toast pita on one side until it begins to turn golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Flip pita bread so toasted side is facing down. Spread hummus on top. Add spinach and red pepper salsa, concentrating toppings around the edges to form a “nest” for the egg. Crack an egg into the center of each pita.
5. Transfer pan to the oven and bake until the edges of the pita are crisp and the eggs are cooked to your liking, 13 to 16 minutes.
6. When eggs are cooked to your liking, remove pan from oven. Season the eggs with some salt and black pepper.
7. Slice pitas into wedges like pizzas before serving. Enjoy!